Electra revolutionises electric vehicle charging with the installation of fast charging stations in all large and medium-sized French conurbations.
The summer is off to a good start for Electra, which has become the first pure French operator to open fast charging stations on the Vinci motorway network. The company is making available 114 high-power charging points (300 kW maximum per charger) for the start of the summer season. A feat achieved with the opening of 7 stations in the last week of June, after only 4 months of work.
Electric vehicle users will be able to recharge at the 114 new high-power charging points available in 7 service areas in the south of France:
- 16 charging points at each of the two Carcassonne Arzens service areas (North and South), on the A61 near Carcassonne;
- 28 charging points at the Latitude 45 service area, on the A7, north of Valence in the direction of Lyon;
- 24 recharging points in the Garonne service area, a two-way service area on the A62 between Agen and Toulouse;
- 12 recharging points at Manzat, a two-way service area on the A89 between Clermont Ferrand and Bordeaux; 8 recharging points in the Manzat service area, a two-way service area on the A89 between Clermont Ferrand and Bordeaux;
- 8 recharging points at the Gignac Rebuty service area, on the A55 between Marseille and Etang de Berre;
- 10 recharging points at the Vitrolles service area, at the entrance to the A7 motorway from Marseille.
Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, each of these stations also houses a universal charging point with three connectors (CCS, type 2 and CHAdeMO). Electra's stations accept the main forms of payment currently in circulation in Europe.
These new stations are designed to limit the impact of their deployment on the environment:
- installation of canopies equipped with photovoltaic panels, whose output is fed back into the production circuits;
- covering the sites with draining paving stones to avoid soil sealing;
- carbon footprint of each site;
- planting of trees to offset the CO2 emissions linked to the deployment of these stations.
"We are very proud to offer a new service to users at the start of the summer, on busy roads. In addition to 114 high-power charging points, we offer a unique experience that makes recharging simple, fast and very competitively priced. We are the first pure French operator to open fast charging stations on French motorways. Our pride is comparable to the speed with which our teams have been able to deploy a network of 7 high quality stations in just 4 months", explains Aurélien de Meaux, President of Electra.